Wednesday, April 13, 2016

An awful news

Yesterday, I got an email from Student Welfare Section saying that I did not have enough credits to submit my research proposal, which meant that I would have to delay my graduation for three months. It is not about the time that makes me feel upset, it is the cause leading to this issue which makes me feel uncomfortable and a little unhappy. I made similar stupid mistake like this before but it seems like I did not learn my lesson well.


In my school, they divide the courses into 5 areas. In each area, there are many types of courses: Introductory courses, Basic courses, Technical courses, Advanced courses. I did not read the guideline carefully so I missed an important point: I have to earn enough credits from BASIC courses in at least 4 areas. I missed the word "Basic" and I am now paying the price. I have to take another Basic course this term in order to earn 2 more credits before submitting the proposal again in June. I really had had no idea about this until I got the email from the Student Section. Thanks to that I also understood why I was not selected to receive the scholarship from JAIST even though I got a pretty high GPA.

This is embarrassing and I really do not want to tell anyone about this. Anyway, I let my professor know because it is important for him to understand what is really going on. He seemed to be a little unhappy when hearing my news.

But anyway, even though I will graduate after my friends, the good thing is I have more time to do my research and learn Japanese. I always try to be positive because I know this is just a small problem comparing to other issues.

I hope I will pay more attention to this in the future. I paid a high price for a stupid mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment